Mission, Vision, Values
The Minneapolis Bicycle Coalition inspires
people to bicycle and advocates for a city where
everyone feels comfortable riding.
We envision a city where:
- riding a bicycle is joyful and accessible for everyone;
- bicycles are used to make most short trips, and navigating Minneapolis on a bicycle is easy;
- all Minneapolis neighborhoods are connected by a network of safe streets and trails that invite people to bicycle year-round; and
- bicycling plays a strong role in helping people stay healthy and connected to their community, supporting vibrant commercial districts and making Minneapolis a world-class city where people from all backgrounds want to live, work, shop and play.
- Positive passion. We passionately believe in the value of bicycling and commit to harness that passion in a positive manner to promote progress towards making bicycling accessible for everyone.
- Respect. We respect all people. We respect and obey laws.
- Integrity. We hold firm to our core values in all of our work and are honest with each other, decision makers, media, and the public. We are accountable for our actions, we follow through with our commitments.
- Empowerment. We give people the tools they need to make a difference through their positive passion for bicycling.
- Equity. We engage, reflect, and work for under-served communities and neighborhoods.
Our goal is to make Minneapolis a better place for bicycling in all corners of the city.
We have a track record of success that has helped lead to new bike lanes, new bike parking, the hiring of the first-ever Minneapolis bicycle and pedestrian coordinator, the hosting of Bike Week and Open Streets Minneapolis events, and a city wide plan to build 30 miles of protected bikeways by 2020.
If you are interested in volunteering to help make Minneapolis more bike friendly, you can sign up to volunteer here. If you have any questions about volunteering, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For general or media-related inquiries, contact email@example.com.
Click here to learn about becoming a member!